Sunday 22 January 2012

The Revolution

There seems to be a lot of IMHO and AFAIK posts on various  forums about the Spigarelli Revolution but very little actual information or real advice from people who use them., so I thought it was time for a change.



Of all the things people say about the Revolution, the one that they all agree on it that it is unique among risers being the only one of laminar construction. It is formed of three segments held together by seven bolts forming a triple layer sandwich, with each bolt holding two nylon bushes between the centre and outer segments.This construction is what gives the Revolution its unique internal dampening system.



 When the Revolution was first launched in the 90s it seems to have suffered two main setbacks, the first was when it was ruled to be illegal for bare bow use as it had moldings in the sight window that could be used as sight marks, this took away what could have been it's biggest market. The second  blow was from a series of failures of segments (mostly the centre one). I was not into archery at the time so I cannot comment on all the accounts, but several of them seem to be the same bow or people who by their own account had 'fiddled' with the bolts. Thus the Revolution gained a reputation as unusable (for bare bow) and unreliable riser, which does not seem to have been able to shake off.
 Both these 'problems' seem to have been dealt with now, first there was a bare bow version with a flat sight window (now the only version), and they now seem to use some sort of 'snap off bolt at the top and bottom of the riser that cannot be undone.

7 comments:

  1. Wow - your first post! Muzzeltov! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog about the Revolution Tony, I enjoy reading. BTW, is yours the 25" or 23" model?

    Also, I read that the Z/T rest cannot be changed to a different make? And does the bow balance upright in your hands without any weight attachments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xudeen,

      Thanks for the comments,too answer your questions:

      1. I use a 25" riser.

      2. No there is no other rest that will fit the revolution, but the z/t is a good rest so it is not a problem.

      3. With no additions (rods or weights) the bow is very well balanced and as I have said in my posts it feels far nicer to shoot without a long rod than with but as the distance goes up you need the extra stability.

      I hope this helps any other questions just let me know.

      Delete
  3. I reply a little late, but want to thankyou for this blog on Revo..
    Its my first bow and I'm very very happy with it!!
    Here in italy is not a best seller, amd as you say there are most of IMHO but not real personal reviews..
    I think it is cheap, great looking, well balanced, easy to tune.. comparable to other risers more expensive on price..
    Its "internal dampering" is very effective, on my experience there are no screw loss, no grip issues, no problems of poundage (common issues reported "as listened" on discussions i'red on the web).
    My setup is: spig Revolution 25", kap long limbs, spiga carbon 30 sight,spiga button, Cartel Carbon stabilizer.
    Next step will be an upgrade on limbs, I'll get Uukha Ex1 limbs, aiming for more smoothness on shot with more speed on "low" poundage (38# at my draw)..
    I hope someone get me some feedback about revo+uukha..
    thankyou for your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea, as you may have seen from the blog I have a pair of 40 pound EX-1s that I shoot with and they are wonderful, the big thing for me is how stable they are. The "feel" very fast but I don't think they really are much faster than anything else out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All, I am also very new to the world of Archery...... very new!

    I am also the very proud owner (Last Week!) of the 25" revolution in Red Silver Red fitted with Spiga Rest and Plunger, additional I have invested in the Spiga Slim Carbon Sight, (will invest in scope soon Spiga or Titan not sure yet!)
    I have started with a set of Ragim XT 100 in a 24# I am a 30" draw.

    I am also totally impressed with how it looks and feels when shooting, though I do have large hands and find the grip a bit too narrow and it digs into my flesh between thumb and index finger!!

    I would really appreciate any tips on a mod to the grip if known.

    Best Regards to you all and a great blog on the amazing Revolution.

    Greetings from North Germany ( though I am English.... :-)

    Michael

    ReplyDelete