Tuesday 24 January 2012

My own personal Revoultion

I have been shooting with my Revolution since February 2011 and was hooked from the first arrow I shot with it. I had seen it on line and read all the information I could find on it and people  really seemed to either love it or hate it. But as I have said before most of the people posting were repeating things they had heard second or third hand. So there I was looking at this riser that looked totally different to any thing else on the market and unable to find out if it was really any good, so I did the only thing I could and bought one. Now at this time I was shooting a second hand Winstar II and had just been bought a pair of Kaya Tomcat carbon limbs for Christmas by my very understanding and totally wonderful (is that too much) wife Ruth. The difference between the two bows is huge, the Winstar was fairly quiet with no too much vibration, but when I shot the Revolution it was so quiet I got looks from the other archers on the shooting line and there was almost no vibration.  So that was it love at first shot and I haven't looked back since.
 I would still advise anyone looking to buy any new riser to try and have a go with one before you buy, I got lucky but lot of archers at my club say they really don't  like the way the Revolution feels.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm - not too much by any means!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All, greetings from North Germany!
    I am also the proud owner of the new S.R as from last week in Red and White 25"
    I am using Ragim XT 100 at 24# and a 30" draw.
    The bow is fantastic and what is very surprising is how quite the bow is.
    What does concern me is the grip, which I find to be on the narrow side and pinches the flesh between Thumb and Index finger!

    Have any of you modified the grip top section or know of a method to widen the grip I would be interested!!

    I am also going for the Spiga Slim Carbon Sight with Shrewd CX Scope for recurve.

    I would really like to hear from you all.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete