Wednesday 1 February 2012

Shooting the revolution

Not having spent much time shooting other bows I cannot make any real comparisons,  but I can tell you what it is like to shoot the revolution. The first thing you notice is how quiet the bow is when tuned, I have found that quite a high brace height gives the best result with the Kaya Tomcat Carbon limbs I usually have it set at between 9" and 9.125" and would be interested in hearing what bracing height  other people use.The revolution's internal damping means that it shoots very smoothly even with no extra damping and very little vibration reaches the bow hand. This where it shows it's bare bow credentials and I can imagine lots of archers would be pleasently suprised if they were to try it out. I  find that I prefer the feel of the bow without a long rod and that out to 40m I can shoot almost as well without one as with. It is also, as one of the members at Noak Hill observed 'ridiculosly well balanced' with no extras fitted. But there is a trade off between accuracy/consistency and 'feel' at longer distances, yes the bow feels much better without the long rod but the groups are much tighter with one at anything past 40m. I also feel that shooting with out any stabilisation will be increasing my basic stability, which in the long run will lead to a more stable form.


No comments:

Post a Comment