Friday 27 June 2014

Bad Habits

Gosh really......not me....surely not!

Oh yes!

Oh no!

Well what do you know?
There I was on Wednesday afternoon happily plonking arrows into the boss at 80 yards still not using a long rod and happy to be scoring 70/dozen. When Dennis, shooting on the next boss (who really does know what he is talking about) said after one shot, "I didn't see where that landed but it should have missed!". When I asked why, he came over and said "shall I show you?", he then waited for me to draw up and then held his lite cigarette about an inch from the back of my hand holding the string, the message was clear, if that hand comes away from your face it's gonna get burned!
He did not hold his hand there while I shot but after I released he said, " Wow that was perfect, your hand came straight back under your ear without me asking, I have never seen someone go from such a dead release to that in one shot before."
 Well to me the that pretty much said it all, I do know how to shoot properly and it may sound big headed but my form is pretty near as good as it can be, but I can still forget it all and shoot like a noob in about 30 seconds flat. The end result of Dennis pointing out my transgression was an intimidate increase of about 5 points per dozen, enough said.  

Watch your form all the time and when you think that you have it all sorted and it is easy watch it even closer because that is when you will start to let things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment