Thursday 5 June 2014

The start of another week and just had another weekend that I did not get to the club to shoot, good reasons though. Went to go to a friends new babies dedication at their church, yarn bombed a library (don't ask ....really just don't) and finally finished sorting out our son's bedroom reshuffle that he wanted. Not going to shoot on Wednesday (my day off in the week) as an engineer is calling to (hopefully) sort out our hot water or lack off, so I thought I would take the opportunity to rub down and re-oil the kitchen work tops. Then this Sunday we are off to Hastings for a nice lunch with my brother in-law, which will be great, really but I won't get down to the club (well if we are heading down late morning/early afternoon on I might be able to get a quick round in). Then it will be another week and I bet there is something that needs doing on the Wednesday and then on the 15th June we have our next league match against West Essex!

Do you ever get the feeling that you are in a time machine and each year some bugger racks up the speed another notch, I swear every year I have less and less time to do more and more things. I cannot believe that in less than two weeks we have our second league match of the season ( that means we will be half way through June, that's six months since my last Birthday, that means it's only six months till my next one......aaaghh!). But so far it has not been too bad a season, even with the elbow thing I have already shot three first class scores this season and set a new personal best. Now I just have to try and get at least five people for each of the remaining league matches this season and try to find some time to get a training schedule to bring on some of our newer members for next season.

2 comments:

  1. "Do you ever get the feeling that you are in a time machine and each year some bugger racks up the speed another notch,"

    So it's not just me then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what's worse: they pack ever more people into that time machine. It's as full as a Tokyo tube! My view from the inside... :-S

    ReplyDelete