Monday 13 January 2014

Grip results,

On Saturday evening I sat down and took the grip off my Riser to see how the Sugru had set and if the fix worked and I must say I was pretty impressed with the results.

The grip came off nicely thanks to the cling film and that peeled easily off the Sugru, leaving a perfect impression of the underside of the grip. I refitted the grip and it felt nice and firm with possibly just a little bit of give but none of the movement it had before. The Sugru sets just like a layer of rubber and should give a nice seating for the grip.

I got up to the club yesterday (Sunday) and shot a Portsmouth and everything felt really nice with the grip no longer rocking and I managed a respectable (for me) 516. I am starting to feel more comfortable with the extra weight from the new limbs so soon it will be time to start winding them up a bit ...MORE POWER!!! (If you used to watch Home Improvements you'll get it).   

9 comments:

  1. surprise to see a spig rev riser blog or site. I just ordered mine from alternative(no way in Canada or US can still find this riser.)
    it is sooo sexy and some issues I've found online isn't real issue for me and even though it doesn't fit me, this baby still goes to my permanent collection.


    just wonder, any aftermark or manufactory high grip for this riser? as long as it ships to Canada. thx for any help

    ReplyDelete
  2. any chance you know where I can find grip for this sexy baby? aftermarket or custom made is fine. I just order mine and wish to find high-grip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog Erick, I think we will have to see if any other readers can come up with any suggestions, or it might be worth emailing Arco Spigarelli. I am really happy with the standard grip especially now that I have got it nice and solid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erick,
    There are several aftermarket grips out there...whether they could be made to fit?
    Or, because of the simplicity of the Revolutions grip, one could shape one own to suit?
    Or use epoxy of similar to build it up to a high grip...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tony: I emailed Arco and they said there is only one grip style for thr evolution.

    @Laurie: thanks. I tried Jager and some others and they don't make for evolution anymore so I guess I will make it myself with epoxy.

    thank you all again and still open for others.
    waited for 5 weeks already and the riser still hasn't been shipped out..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erick, let us all know how you get on with it all when it finally arrives!!
      Depending on how you want to change the grip, how about modifying one of Spigs own for the bow?

      Just changing the subject a bit too, not specifically related to the Revolution.......any thoughts from anyone on the advantages or not of forward or backward facing quivers?

      Delete
  6. Just ordered a revolution riser. Ordered a high wrist grip from Jager, got a high wrist grip for my Hoyt too.
    Got to shoot over 300 every time in the Frostbite league this season.
    Hope the revolution helps.
    Gary. Gazmatt@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear, I hope you enjoy the Revo' please comeback and let us know how it goes and how you get on with the Jager grip.

      Delete
  7. sadly jager only make right hand grip for this riser. I have made grip myself and works so so...(1st timer) I am going to keep trying. :)

    ReplyDelete