Friday 3 October 2014

Back again

Hi all,

Sorry that I have not been very active over the last few months, had a few things going on and have been a bit huffy about some archery related stuff (not the shooting side of things).

So back to the blog. I have decided that it is time to actually give barebow a proper try so I was looking at risers. I could us my existing revo' but as it is the target version it has all the bits drilled out and is not legal for barebow, I a also going to use some thicker arrows and that is going to change the centre shot and as the bow is shooting so nicely I don't want to play with it. So what to do?

Well I could buy a barebow revo (yes yes do it do it!) which I would really like but I can't really spend much at the moment as my wife has given up work for a year to do her PGCE teacher training. So I have been looking at second hand stuff then I was sorting my office at home and came across my old KAP Winstar II riser and a pair of Kaya Tomcat carbon limbs (sounds like a starter kit to me), so I think I am going to get to the club on Sunday and see how they shoot together and go from there. The Tomcats are 34lb (6lb less than my EX-1s) so should be a bit easier to get used to a different anchor point.


7 comments:

  1. Hi, welcome back and I hope things are ok.

    I too haven't visited for a while, nor have I shot for a while for a variety of reasons, none of them to do with a diminished wish to shoot!

    I also have my old recurve (almost as new), with the SF premium riser and KAP limbs. I thought it would be fun to set it for barebow and got a weight to screw on the lower part of the riser. Which it'll do...but fouls the lower limb ......

    Also, I've seen piccies of a KG Phoenix, complete bow, and I lust for that on looks alone, don't know what I'd do with it...just look at it?
    Although I have my lovely longbow, my Revolution is still my no.1......!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There
    Got a RevII with W&W carbon limbs 40lb measured on fingers. I have used wood core limbs as well as carbon and find that the temperature make a difference indoors quite a bit.
    Has anyone else had similar problems?
    PS it was the same with the wooden limbs as the carbon and up to 7mm in sight change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dug,
      What kind of temperature range do you get?
      With mu Uuhka EX-1s I have shot from nearly zero for a frost bite right up to 30 Celsius in the summer with very little change in my sight marks.

      Delete
    2. Hi Dug,

      Do you find the carbon limbs on the Revo give a softer feel?
      As, and I appreciate that this is VERY subjective, the riser itself may have a little more give than traditional risers, that it would benefit from wood carbon composite limbs to give a little more "snap", if you will?

      Delete
  3. Just swapped my Decut sight for a Spigarelli Carbon 30 Mk 2....haven't shot with it yet............although this does seem a nicely made thing with beautiful incremental adjustment, and weight on the bow, I am still staggered by what these things cost, for what they are...and the Spig is by no means at the upper end of the pricing scale!!!
    Will report back when I've used it.......(anyone else use one?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...just shot a PB with the site...nice coincidence!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have now squeezed out a PB, which I'm quite pleased about as my shooting opportunities have been quite erratic this last year, and will be so this coming spring as well.
    Of course it wasn't just the sight, but it's so easy to set up and adjust compared to the Decut; it does make it a real pleasure to use. Bit like the bow, really!!

    Anyway, I hope and trust that this finds all of you well, and that you have the Christmas' for which you wish?
    And remain able to enjoy shooting in the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete